One of the problems that many of us faces regularly is gum sticking into our stuff, it can stick into our shoes, our carpet, our shirts, our hair, or even into our bed sheets. So now when the problem happens we start looking for a solution, we start asking ourselves: how to get gum out of bed sheets.
And that’s what we are here for, in this article we are going to show you how to get gum off bed sheets so when you face this problem again you are ready and equipped with the solution that will let you easily solve this problem, so let’s get started.
Before we jump into tactics we need to understand the overall strategy, the idea we are going to follow is that we want to dissolve the stickiness of the gum from your bed sheets as much as possible so it can be easily removed with a knife or something.
So what we are going to do is that we are going to freeze the gum so it no longer sticks to the bed sheet, or at least minimize the stickiness as much as possible, then we are going to remove the gum and treat the bed sheet so there’re no stains left behind.
Components of Removing the Gum off Bed Sheets
For this method you are going to need the following items:
- A plastic bag
- Butter knife
- Liquid detergent or stain remover
Steps of How to Get Chewing Gum off Bed Sheets
- Fill in the plastic bag with ice and seal it
- Pick up the bag of ice using the towel to protect your hands from freezing
- Hold the ice against the gum until it freezes (approximately 15 minutes)
- Scrape off the frozen gum with a butter knife
- Once the gum is gone pretreat any remaining residue with liquid detergent or stain remover
- Wash and dry the bed sheet the way you normally would
For illustration, you can watch this video:
For more methods of removing gum from any other type of fabric in general you can follow this article.
And if you have trouble with cleaning other fabrics such pillowcases you can check our article about how to clean silk pillowcase.