Disclaimer: In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this article contains affiliate links and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you).
In this article we are going to be looking at Slip Silk Mulberry Pillowcase, it’s one of that has been getting a lot of positive feedback lately so we decided to piece together the feedback and reviews to give you our verdict.
Silk pillowcases in general has great benefits for hair and skin beauty due to silk’s natural characteristics. Deciding to invest in a silk pillowcase is one that you are not going to regret.
Note: If you are in a hurry and want to immediately purchase the pillowcase you can do that from here.
The quality in silk products is mainly judged by “momme weight“. Momme weight is defined as the weight in pounds of 100 yards of silk that is 45 inches wide.
Slip offers a 22 momme weight pillowcase and that is in the lower momme weight range I’ve seen in the market so far which are 19,22,25,30. This doesn’t necessarliy mean a low quality product, it just means lesser silk in your pillowcase.
More momme weight means increased luxurious feeling and increased durability, since silk is a delicate fabric durability is an important factor, but with more momme weight it also means warmer pillowcase due to increased material.
So the matter of choosing the momme weight that suites you is a matter of preference, if you prefer more luxurious feeling and more durability go with a high momme weight, and if you prefer a cooler pillowcase go with a lower momme weight.
Design Of Slip Silk Pillowcase
The slip silk pillowcase has silk on both sides, and that is an advantage compared to some silk pillowcases that only has silk on one side of the pillowcase, so you can sleep on both sides of the pillow and switch between the sides as you want.
The slip pillowcase has a flat design, no hidden zipper or envelop closure, so you might have issues making the pillowcase hold in place at night if you move a lot while sleeping.
Variants Of The Pillowcase
The pillowcase has 6 color variants which you can check from here.
And there were no information about the size variants that they have, the only dimensions offered on the Amazon page is this :
Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 4 x 1.4 inches ; 8 ounces
So check out your dimensions and make sure that the dimensions fit your pillow.
for care instructions, follow these rules :
Machine Washing :
- Use Delicate Cycle and mild detergent (such as Ivory Snow)
- Do not use detergents that contain enzymes and brighteners
- Use the shortest spin cycle In a top-loading machine, we strongly recommend using a mesh bag for extra protection (this step would not be necessary in a front-loading machine)
- Always separate your colors
Hand Washing :
- Silk shouldn’t be soaked too long so washing process shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes.
- Use a bowl or a clean sink and put liquid detergent designed for silk.
- Remember to use cold water.
- While washing only move from one side to the other, do not twist, ring, or pool as it might break the fibers.
- Rinse your silk pillowcase and remember to always use cold water.
- For second rinse add a tablespoon of desolated white vinegar, it will help dissolve the outline traces.
- And then do a final rinse.
Most of the customers who bought the slip silk pillowcase are happy with their purchase and said they would purchase it again.
The consumers reported that the pillowcase had made their skin and hair more beautiful with less bed heads in the mornings, less frizzy hair and a softer skin.
Some unlucky consumers though have had bad experience with the slip silk pillowcase, one person got their pillowcase fell apart after regular use and some got the pillowcase turn into satin feeling after some time of their purchase, these kind of errors can happen from the manufacturer side or the customers may have dealt with the pillowcase incorrectly since silk pillowcases are very delicate and need special care.